Friday, March 28, 2014

Pretty New Things


©Miss Witchy Pants

I'm at a point where I want pretty new things.

I have a rather long list of items that I want to buy, such as: cast iron cauldron, certain gems and crystals, a new tarot deck, etc.

I made a trip to my favorite Witchy store, Garden of Enchantment in Old Sacramento, expecting to pick up all of the things that I've been wanting. It didn't really turn out the way I expected, though! The things I wanted, plus books that I wanted to buy, would have cost me half my paycheck. Just a tarot deck alone was $20, which is what I spent on a week's worth of groceries just hours later. To keep my shopping simple and cheap, I ended up buying a small rose quartz and a green candle (both for spells I'm planning).

I currently don't work with a whole lot of tools or aids. I typically work with things I find in nature. I get most of my research material online, so I don't really spend much on book purchases. I really wanted to pick up a few new items and books to enhance my practice, but I can see now that I'm going to have to rethink my shopping list. I narrowed it down to just a few essentials:

  • Books. Those are staying on the list. There are a few essentials that I want to read. After all, there really isn't much else for a solitary Witch to turn to, I guess.
  • Herbs to add to my garden. Rather than buying bunches of dried herbs to work with, I will just learn to grow more of them myself!
  • A new tarot deck. Mine got lost somewhere amongst 3 moves and I really want to get back into tarot.
The biggest item being knocked off the list is a rune set. I will make one of my own. The gems and crystals I want can be acquired over time. And maybe I can find the books I want on bargain somewhere in a used bookstore.

 How do you do it? Buying tools and other desired items can be really tough for a Witch on a budget!



No comments:

Post a Comment