Friday, April 11, 2014

Heartache

Someone once commented on how they thought that being a Witch was cheating at life. As if we have all of the answers and can get whatever we want with the snap of our fingers. Thanks for that stupid misconception, Hollywood.

But that's not the case at all. Yes, I have tools to help me though life's tough situations (divination, meditation, etc.), and I'm better able to cope with stress than I could ever have hoped to be without Witchcraft, but that doesn't mean shit never hits the fan.

A prime example of that happens to be right now. To give you the short version of it, my very best friend of all time just ended our friendship out of nowhere because of selfishness and greed. She intentionally cost me a promotion that I desperately needed (and, in turn, my income and my family's well-being) so that she could continue an office affair without getting in trouble. She could have come to me with her situation, and we could have agreed to compete fairly for that job. Instead, she waited until after I was already offered the job, and then used that affair to slip in through the backdoor and right into my desk without my ever knowing what was going on. She then said some really mean things and boasted about her new promotion.

Well, she ended up getting caught and fired, and so did the other participant in that affair. And I am moving into that job just like I was supposed to, like nothing ever happened. Even though karma came in and dealt her the hand that she deserved, that doesn't mean the situation hurts any less. Even though it worked out in my favor in the end, my heart is still breaking over that betrayal and the loss of (what I thought was) my best friend. I still hurt for her because she just made a huge mistake and cost herself her job.

Being a Witch doesn't make things like this easier. I am still suffering from the loss of a friendship, and from self-doubt because I was obviously a bad judge of character in this case. The best I can do is try to dissolve and ground this ball of hurt and negative energy within me, and try to move on.



2 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful blog. I'm glad I found it. Blessed be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. About all witchcraft can do for one in such a situation is offer some unorthodox tools for ritual cutting of such ties. And that is psychologically healthy as well.

    I'm not Wiccan, by any stretch, to me magic is not a "cheat" anymore than using an umbrella in the rain or a condom during sex -- life is rough, use the tools at hand!

    ReplyDelete